GLOBAL: Quintessential Brands trumpets acquisition plans
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin is among the new brands Quintessential is hoping will deliver success
Quintessential Brands wants to “explode the myth” that the spirits industry is dominated by a few multi-national groups and is targeting becoming a global “mid-tier” player itself within five years.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks, the company’s international brands & marketing director, Mike Salmon, has revealed the full extent of the recently-launched group’s plans. Salmon, the former CEO of Cutty Sark International, said the company, which already owns G&J Greenall, is in talks with a host of other firms to acquire more brands.
“We've set our sights at a mid-tier position, globally, as a spirits group,” Salmon told just-drinks last week. “But, we don't feel our ambitions will be limited by our ability to find funds. Bringing home the deal is the challenge, not funding it.”
He added: “We're looking for businesses with a combination of brand, manufacturing and distribution assets."
Salmon said he was confident about the London-headquartered group's deal-making abilities thanks to the previous experience of its founders, former Gruppo Campari CEO Enzo Visone and investment banker Warren Scott.
“The world may appear to be dominated by a few multi-national groups, but we plan to explode that myth and demonstrate in every market there are still a number of powerful local players,” said Salmon.
To read just-drinks' interview with Mike Salmon, click here.
Since 2010, Campari has become increasingly reliant on acquisitions, such as the 2012 purchase of Lascelles de Mercado, for growth. The profile looks at why this is the case, the benefits of its most ...
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has claimed most references to alcohol brands in music happen without permission after a study accused drinks firms of targeting younger con...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research