GLOBAL: Quintessential Brands trumpets acquisition plans
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin is among the new brands Quintessential is hoping will deliver success
Quintessential Brands wants to “explode the myth” that the spirits industry is dominated by a few multi-national groups and is targeting becoming a global “mid-tier” player itself within five years.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks, the company’s international brands & marketing director, Mike Salmon, has revealed the full extent of the recently-launched group’s plans. Salmon, the former CEO of Cutty Sark International, said the company, which already owns G&J Greenall, is in talks with a host of other firms to acquire more brands.
“We've set our sights at a mid-tier position, globally, as a spirits group,” Salmon told just-drinks last week. “But, we don't feel our ambitions will be limited by our ability to find funds. Bringing home the deal is the challenge, not funding it.”
He added: “We're looking for businesses with a combination of brand, manufacturing and distribution assets."
Salmon said he was confident about the London-headquartered group's deal-making abilities thanks to the previous experience of its founders, former Gruppo Campari CEO Enzo Visone and investment banker Warren Scott.
“The world may appear to be dominated by a few multi-national groups, but we plan to explode that myth and demonstrate in every market there are still a number of powerful local players,” said Salmon.
To read just-drinks' interview with Mike Salmon, click here.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has claimed most references to alcohol brands in music happen without permission after a study accused drinks firms of targeting younger con...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts