GLOBAL: Quintessential Brands trumpets acquisition plans
Opihr Oriental Spiced Gin is among the new brands Quintessential is hoping will deliver success
Quintessential Brands wants to “explode the myth” that the spirits industry is dominated by a few multi-national groups and is targeting becoming a global “mid-tier” player itself within five years.
In an exclusive interview with just-drinks, the company’s international brands & marketing director, Mike Salmon, has revealed the full extent of the recently-launched group’s plans. Salmon, the former CEO of Cutty Sark International, said the company, which already owns G&J Greenall, is in talks with a host of other firms to acquire more brands.
“We've set our sights at a mid-tier position, globally, as a spirits group,” Salmon told just-drinks last week. “But, we don't feel our ambitions will be limited by our ability to find funds. Bringing home the deal is the challenge, not funding it.”
He added: “We're looking for businesses with a combination of brand, manufacturing and distribution assets."
Salmon said he was confident about the London-headquartered group's deal-making abilities thanks to the previous experience of its founders, former Gruppo Campari CEO Enzo Visone and investment banker Warren Scott.
“The world may appear to be dominated by a few multi-national groups, but we plan to explode that myth and demonstrate in every market there are still a number of powerful local players,” said Salmon.
To read just-drinks' interview with Mike Salmon, click here.
The Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS) has claimed most references to alcohol brands in music happen without permission after a study accused drinks firms of targeting younger con...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research