UK/IRELAND: Quintessential Brands buys First Ireland Spirits Co
The company has ambitious plans
Spirits group Quintessential Brands has acquired Irish cream liqueur producer First Ireland Spirits Co.
The London-headquartered firm said today (3 April) the “multi-million Euro” purchase is part of an “on-going strategy to acquire drinks companies that complement its existing portfolio”. First Ireland Spirits' brands include Dubliner Irish whiskey liqueur, O’Mara’s Irish Country Cream, Feeney’s Irish Cream Liqueur, Irish Knights Irish Country Cream, which sell around 700,000 cases a year to 35 global markets.
The County Laois-based group, founded in 1993, is also Ireland’s leading independent producer of private label Irish cream liqueurs and the largest producer of branded and private label Irish country cream, according to Quintessential.
Enzo Visone, Quintessential Brands’ co-founder & chairman, said: “The acquisition of First Ireland Spirits gives us an unrivalled position in the global market for Irish cream liqueurs and is part of our strategy to become a leading European independent player in the spirits industry.”
A Quintessential Brands spokesperson declined to comment on the exact purchase price.
The company, whose portfolio includes Greenall's Original Gin, has made a number of senior appointments this year as it looks to expand.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer