ARGENTINA: Quinsa beer and soft drinks volumes up
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa) has seen its first half beer volumes increase 8% to 7,782,000 hl, the company said yesterday (14 July).
Second quarter beer volumes reached 3,019,000hl, up 9.4% on the same period last year.
Total soft drink volumes for the second quarter reached 1,669,000hl, up 24.0% on last year and 3,768,000hl for the first half, up 22.6% on the same period last year.
In Argentina, the company's main market, beer sales in the second quarter reached 1,957,000hl, a rise of 6.3%. In the first half, beer sales reached 5,303,000hl, up 5.9%.
Soft drink sales in Argentina in the quarter reached 1,590,000hl, a leap of 23.4% on the same period last year. In the half, soft drink sale reached 3,605,000hl, a jump of 22.3%.
Quinsa is a Luxembourg-based holding company that controls 87.6% of Quilmes International (Bermuda). The remaining 12.4% stake is held by Beverage Associates (BAC) Corp and by Companhia de Bebidas das Americas - AmBev.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts