LUXEMBOURG: Quinsa authorises share purchase
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa) announced today that, following the completion of its previous market purchase programme, its board of directors has authorised the purchase of additional American Depositary Shares (ADS) each of which represent 2 Class B shares.
Specifically, the board authorised the expenditure of up to an additional US$ 50m to make market purchases of ADSs, as, when and if market conditions are appropriate.
Based on the market price of Quinsa's ADSs on March 24, 2004, the new programme would allow Quinsa to purchase up to approximately 2,716,000 ADSs (or 8.9% of Quinsa's outstanding Class B shares).
The actual number of ADSs purchased by Quinsa will depend on the prices at which the purchases are made. Quinsa's capital stock currently consists of 61,004,905 Class B Shares and 634,581,688 Class A Shares.
Quinsa's management stated that the additional repurchase program is a result of the board's intention to acquire shares at prices that represent an attractive investment for the company and its shareholders.
Furthermore, the Company has continued to purchase its Class A shares from time to time through the Luxembourg Stock Exchange, pursuant to the authorisation provided at the Annual General Shareholders' Meeting held on June 27, 2003.
The Quinsa Class B Shares are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and on the New York Stock Exchange in the form of ADSs. The Quinsa Class A Shares are listed on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Quinsa is the Luxembourg-based holding company that controls 87.6% of Quilmes International. The remaining 12.4% stake is held by Beverage Associates (BAC) Corp. and by Companhia de Bebidas das Americas - AmBev.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review