ARGENTINA: Quilmes restarts sale process
Argentina's largest brewer Quilmes International has restarted its search for a buyer of assets it was ordered to sell after its alliance with AmBev in 2003.
Argentine competition authorities ordered the sale of "certain assets", Quilmes said, after AmBev bought a stake in the company three years ago. Quilmes said it had 12 months to find a buyer.
"This process had been halted pending the legal resolution of an injunction introduced by a competitor who claimed the right to bid for those assets," the company said.
Argentina's Supreme Court threw out the injunction, paving the way for the sale process to begin, Quilmes added.
Quilmes officials in Argentina could not be reached for further comment as just-drinks went to press.
The Latin American brewing force AmBev, part of the InBev group, has reported a threefold rise in third-quarter net earnings to BRL399m (US$178m), against BRL131.7m in the third quarter of 2004, well ...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
InBev has had its target share price raised....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends