ARGENTINA: Quilmes restarts sale process
Argentina's largest brewer Quilmes International has restarted its search for a buyer of assets it was ordered to sell after its alliance with AmBev in 2003.
Argentine competition authorities ordered the sale of "certain assets", Quilmes said, after AmBev bought a stake in the company three years ago. Quilmes said it had 12 months to find a buyer.
"This process had been halted pending the legal resolution of an injunction introduced by a competitor who claimed the right to bid for those assets," the company said.
Argentina's Supreme Court threw out the injunction, paving the way for the sale process to begin, Quilmes added.
Quilmes officials in Argentina could not be reached for further comment as just-drinks went to press.
The Latin American brewing force AmBev, part of the InBev group, has reported a threefold rise in third-quarter net earnings to BRL399m (US$178m), against BRL131.7m in the third quarter of 2004, well ...
The pan-Latin American beer force AmBev has opened a new brewery in Peru....
AmBev has announced the sales volumes for the third quarter of this year....
The investment bank, Merrill Lynch, has warned that a takeover of the Brazilian brewer Kaiser by a large international group could lead to some profit-taking in the shares of the market leader AmBev, ...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has reported a 92% year-on-year leap in EBITDA for the second quarter of this year....
AmBev's Peruvian unit has launched a new bottle in the country....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas or AmBev has been boosted by a strong recovery of its Brazilian beer unit and reported a 11% jump in second quarter beer volumes....
InBev has had its target share price raised....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends