LUX: Quilmes names co-chairman
South American drinks group Quilmes International has appointed Victorio De Marchi as co-chairman of the company.
Quilmes, which dominates beer markets in Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay and Uruguay, also named Milton Seligman as a company director yesterday (5 July).
In February, the company posted a 25% leap in annual revenues to US$954.3m. Gross profit for the full year was US$550.1m, a leap of 33%.
The company has restarted its search for a buyer of assets it was ordered to sell after its alliance with AmBev in 2003.
The announcement late last night that Anheuser-Busch is to be InBev's exclusive distributor in the US looks like a great deal for the Europe-based brewer....
AmBev will have to remove its Puerto del Sol brand from retail shelves in Brazil after losing a court battle with Latin American rival Fomento Economico Mexicano SA (Femsa)....
AmBev is about to launch a share buyback programme....
Brewing giant InBev has dismissed accusations that Belgian executives are being pushed out of the company in favour of managers from Latin American unit AmBev. InBev, which was formed in a 2004 merger...
AmBev has posted a healthy rise in net profit for its third quarter....
InBev today (9 November) announced that its Latin American subsidiary AmBev is to make a voluntary offer to purchase any and all Class A shares and Class B shares of its subsidiary Quinsa, that it doe...
AmBev has named Labatt Brewing executive Graham Staley as its new chief financial officer....
InBev has distanced itself from a row amongst shareholders at AmBev majority-owned brewer Quinsa....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL