Quilmes Industrial S.A. Announces Agreement On the Final Price Adjustment Related to the Purchase of a 51.17 Percent Equity Stake in Buenos Aires Embotelladora S.A.
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa) S.A. (NYSE:LQU; "Quinsa" or the "Company") today announced that its subsidiary Cerveceria y Malteria Quilmes S.A. ("CMQ") has reached an agreement with PepsiCo Inc., Citibank, Bank Boston and certain of their affiliates (the "Selling Shareholders") on the final adjustment to the price paid for the 51.17% stake in BAESA it acquired on December 6, 1999. The adjustment, based on working capital variations that occurred prior to CMQ's purchase of BAESA, has resulted in a US$ 7.0 million reduction in the price paid for its stake to US$ 73.6 million, or US$ 4.86 per share. The total amount of the price reduction will be reimbursed by the Selling Shareholders to CMQ. In accordance with its agreements with the Selling Shareholders, CMQ will be tendering for the BAESA shares it has not already acquired at a price per share yet to be determined, which in any event will be no lower than US$ 4.86. CMQ intends to initiate the appropriate filings with the Argentine Comision Nacional de Valores and the Securities and Exchange Commission of the U.S. within the next 30 days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends