Quilmes Industrial S.A. Announces Agreement On the Final Price Adjustment Related to the Purchase of a 51.17 Percent Equity Stake in Buenos Aires Embotelladora S.A.
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa) S.A. (NYSE:LQU; "Quinsa" or the "Company") today announced that its subsidiary Cerveceria y Malteria Quilmes S.A. ("CMQ") has reached an agreement with PepsiCo Inc., Citibank, Bank Boston and certain of their affiliates (the "Selling Shareholders") on the final adjustment to the price paid for the 51.17% stake in BAESA it acquired on December 6, 1999. The adjustment, based on working capital variations that occurred prior to CMQ's purchase of BAESA, has resulted in a US$ 7.0 million reduction in the price paid for its stake to US$ 73.6 million, or US$ 4.86 per share. The total amount of the price reduction will be reimbursed by the Selling Shareholders to CMQ. In accordance with its agreements with the Selling Shareholders, CMQ will be tendering for the BAESA shares it has not already acquired at a price per share yet to be determined, which in any event will be no lower than US$ 4.86. CMQ intends to initiate the appropriate filings with the Argentine Comision Nacional de Valores and the Securities and Exchange Commission of the U.S. within the next 30 days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends