Quilmes Industrial S.A. Announces Agreement On the Final Price Adjustment Related to the Purchase of a 51.17 Percent Equity Stake in Buenos Aires Embotelladora S.A.
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa) S.A. (NYSE:LQU; "Quinsa" or the "Company") today announced that its subsidiary Cerveceria y Malteria Quilmes S.A. ("CMQ") has reached an agreement with PepsiCo Inc., Citibank, Bank Boston and certain of their affiliates (the "Selling Shareholders") on the final adjustment to the price paid for the 51.17% stake in BAESA it acquired on December 6, 1999. The adjustment, based on working capital variations that occurred prior to CMQ's purchase of BAESA, has resulted in a US$ 7.0 million reduction in the price paid for its stake to US$ 73.6 million, or US$ 4.86 per share. The total amount of the price reduction will be reimbursed by the Selling Shareholders to CMQ. In accordance with its agreements with the Selling Shareholders, CMQ will be tendering for the BAESA shares it has not already acquired at a price per share yet to be determined, which in any event will be no lower than US$ 4.86. CMQ intends to initiate the appropriate filings with the Argentine Comision Nacional de Valores and the Securities and Exchange Commission of the U.S. within the next 30 days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research