LUXEMBOURG: Quilmes Industrial -Quinsa- S.A. Announces the Sale of Its Controlling Stake in Paraguay Refrescos S.A.
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa) S.A. (NYSE:LQU; "Quinsa" or the "Company") today announced that its subsidiary Quilmes International (Bermuda) Ltd. ("QIB") has closed the sale of its 57.97 % equity stake in Paraguay Refrescos S.A. ("Paresa") to Coca-Cola Interamerican Corporation ("CIAC"). CIAC intends to make an offer to acquire from minority shareholders the remaining outstanding shares of Paresa, a Paraguayan corporation that produces, bottles and distributes Coca-Cola® and other soft drinks under license from The Coca Cola Company in the territory of the Republic of Paraguay. Under the terms of the transaction, QIB has received cash payment of US$ 63.9 million. This payment, which is subject to certain post-closing price adjustments, is in addition to a dividend of US$ 1.6 million that QIB received from Paresa shortly before the closing. Furthermore, certain property and other assets not directly related to the soft drinks business of Paresa with a total book value of approximately US$ 4 million, were excluded from the sale. Net profit after tax related to the sale amounts to approximately US$ 27.6 million (subject to post-closing price adjustments), and has been accounted for as Other Income. As of the third quarter 2000, the Company has effectively terminated its soft drinks business in Paraguay. Paresa's operating highlights are as follows:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014