ARGENTINA: Quilmes hit by economic conditions
Latin American brewing force, Quilmes Industrial SA, posted a US$23.5m loss for the first quarter on net sales some 49% down at US$155m. The Luxembourg-based group recorded a net profit of US$21.6m in the first quarter of last year. The company said it had been hit by lower beer volumes resulting from adverse economic conditions in certain Latin American markets. Beer volume sales fell from 3.84m hls to 3.31m hls.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire