LUXEMBOURG: Quilmes delays 20-F filing
Quilmes Industrial (Quinsa), the Luxembourg-based subsidiary of South American drinks combine AmBev, has said the filing of its 20-F form for 2006 will be delayed.
Quinsa said its independent auditors Price Waterhouse were not able to complete the audit of the US GAAP reconciliation of the financial information for Quinsa and its subsidiaries in time to make the deadline, due to the delay in the availability of certain accounting information.
Last year, AmBev acquired control of Quinsa, resulting in certain accounting adjustments be made for the purposes of Quinsa's US GAAP financial reporting. It is information pertaining to these adjustments that has led to the delay, Quinsa said.
The company noted that it will file its Form 20-F for 2006 as soon as the accounting and audit work has been completed, which it expected to be within the next 30 days.
The company also said that a restatement of its financial performance in 2005 will see stockholder's equity for the year rise by around US$70m. This is due to the Securities and Exchange Commission requesting a change in accounting treatment of a share purchase transaction in the year.
Quinsa owns a 93% stake in Quilmes International (Bermuda), which controls, among other companies, the top-selling beer brand in Argentina, and 100% of PepsiCo beverage sales in both Argentina and Uruguay. AmBev owns the remaining 7%.
PepsiCo has announced two environmental initiatives targeted at driving sustainable water practices in an effort to achieve its Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has seen its IPO come in at the bottom of its revised price scale....
Pepsi Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has lowered the price range for next month's IPO....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has seen volumes in 2007 rise on the year before...
AmBev has begun the year by restarting the hunt for shares in its Argentine unit Quinsa which it does not already own....
Food and beverage giant PepsiCo has announced the appointment of Dr Mehmood Khan as chief scientific officer, a newly-created role....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has confirmed plans to launch a share offering with a view to fund its expansion aspirations....
PepsiCo has confirmed that it is looking to reduce its stake in bottler PepsiAmericas....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review