CHINA: Q1 set fair for Beijing Yanjing
Beijing Yanjing Brewery has posted a significant rise in profits in its first quarter report.
The brewer, which is the last remaining major independent brewer in China, said today (25 April) that sales for the first quarter of this year reached CNY1.5bn (US$0.2bn) compared to last year's reported CNY1.2bn.
Net profit for the first quarter was also up, coming in at CNY15.9bn against CNY14.2bn for Q1 of 2006.
Beijing Yanjing has been the subject of speculation linking it to InBev in the last 12 months. In September last year, the brewer moved to quash rumours that it had invited InBev to take a stake in the company.
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
The earlier-than-expected departure of Tony Froggatt as CEO of brewing force S&N has set the City rumour-mill churning. The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, Chris Brook-Carter writ...
News this week that SABMiller and Molson Coors are to team up in the US beer market may have caught the industry by surprise, but the logic is compelling. As Olly Wehring reports, not only can the dea...
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has stayed silent on speculation that it plans to buy the Cerpa brewery in northern Brazil....
Companhia de Bebidas das Americas (AmBev) has confirmed plans it is seeking to build a new plant in North Brazil....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) is set to buy Argentine brewer Inversora Cervecera....
Heineken and two other brewers have been sued for alleged price fixing by an industry group representing Dutch bars....
The United Breweries Group has declared it will not buy Mohan Meakin at its current price, according to reports....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research