CANADA: Q1 sales and profit up at Andres Wines
The company attributed the rise to growth from its premium and ultra-premium Peller Estates, Trius and Hillebrand Estates.
Net income rose by 10.4% to C$1.7m from C$1.5m in the first quarter last year, while earnings before interest, taxes and amortisation (EBITA) were 9.7% higher at C$4.3m.
"We are pleased to have produced such a strong start to fiscal 2004," said Andres' president and CEO, John Peller, "and are confident we will generate another year of strong performance as we continue to build the equity of our premium and ultra-premium brands by delivering the highest quality wines at the best possible value."
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch