US: Pyramid quarterly dividend announced
Pyramid Breweries Inc. today announced its board of directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of US$0.022 per common share, payable on 15 October to shareholders of record on 30 September.
The company initiated its dividend program in the fourth quarter of 1999 and the first dividend was paid in 2000, the brewer said. The dividends paid in the years between 2000 and 2003 were a return of capital to shareholders for Federal income tax purposes. The company said that it believes a portion of the dividends to be paid in 2004 may be a return of capital. Nearly all Pyramid shareholders receive favourable tax treatment of dividends that are a return of capital (other than Qualified Plans and IRA's).
The company's current quarterly dividend results in an annual yield of 3.9% to Pyramid shareholders based on the end of day stock price last Thursday (16 September).
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets