USA: Pyramid Breweries Selects DNA Brand Mechanics for Branding Work
"We selected DNA because of their expertise in brand positioning and marketing strategy, their innovative approach to research, and the energy and enthusiasm they have for the category. We are very excited to be working with DNA," said Amy Hoins, Director of Marketing for Pyramid Breweries.
DNA principal, Alan Brown, says, "Pyramid's commitment to consumer research and their brand is important to us. With so many craft brewery brands around, our challenge is to develop a unique and distinct position for Pyramid."
Hoins added, "The consumer demographics for the beer category are very favorable over the next decade, and craft beers are now competing in the much larger `specialty beer arena' (which includes imports and domestic specialty beers, as well as craft brews). The winning craft beers in the market will be those that deliver high quality craft brewed products with a strong consumer brand proposition."
Martin Kelly, President and CEO of Pyramid Breweries commented, "Strengthening our brand positioning, along with increased consumer communication, and our plans to expand our Alehouse Division will generate more excitement and exposure for our brands with consumers. DNA's creative insight and approach to brand development will be critical to us in strengthening our position in today's competitive local markets."
About DNA Brand Mechanics
The Seattle-based communications firm, DNA Brand Mechanics, was founded in 1998 by Alan Brown and Dan Gross. Other clients include Bidpath.com, DriveWire.com, Bellevue Square, Consolidated Restaurants, Inc., Worldstream, Evergreen Healthcare, American Express, and Morton Clark, Fu & Metcalf.
About Pyramid Breweries
Pyramid Breweries Inc. is one of the leading brewers of specialty, full-flavored beers and sodas, producing a variety of ales and lagers under the Pyramid and Thomas Kemper brand names. The company also brews four styles of old-fashioned sodas under the Thomas Kemper Soda Company label. Pyramid operates two local breweries and restaurants, the Pyramid Brewery & Alehouse in Seattle, Washington and the Pyramid Brewery & Alehouse in Berkeley, California. For more information, visit www.PyramidBrew.com.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China