US: Pyramid Breweries lines up Mariners baseball partnership
Pyramid Breweries has announced a multi-year sponsorship deal with the Seattle Mariners.
The US-based brewer of speciality beers produced under the Pyramid and MacTarnahan's brands has also announced an opening day promotion for fans on 31 March in conjunction with the sponsorship deal.
"Fans in the north-west are passionate about two things: baseball and beer. And they love the Mariners and Pyramid," said Scott Barnum, CEO of Pyramid Breweries. "We're looking forward to lively and winning events throughout the 2008 baseball season that will give fans even more opportunities to enjoy Pyramid beers as they root for our Seattle Mariners."
Joe Chard, vice president of corporate business for the Seattle Mariners, added: "We are thrilled to be partnering with our local neighbours and a true north-west icon."
Pyramid Breweries owns two alehouse restaurants adjacent to its full-production breweries under the Pyramid Alehouse and MacTarnahan Taproom brand names in Berkeley, California, and Portland, Oregon, respectively, and three alehouse restaurants in Walnut Creek and Sacramento, California, and Seattle, Washington.
US soft drinks firm Jones Soda has appointed Michael O'Brien as chief financial officer....
Several directors on the Pyramid Breweries board have resigned following confirmation of the firm's takeover by fellow craft brewer Magic Hat earlier this week....
Independent Brewers United, owner of Magic Hat Brewing Company, has completed the takeover of Pyramid Breweries....
Independent Brewers United has extended the deadline for its tender offer to acquire Pyramid Breweries by 48 hours....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends