USA: Pyramid Breweries Inc. Declares $.04 Per Share Quarterly Cash Dividend
Pyramid Breweries Inc. (Nasdaq:PMID) today announced its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.04 per common share, payable on July 14, 2000 to shareholders of record on June 30, 2000. In December, the company initiated a stock buyback plan to repurchase up to $2 million worth of Pyramid's outstanding common stock from time to time on the open market. To date, the company has repurchased 368,400 of its common shares. "Paying a cash dividend is one of the most tangible ways we can demonstrate our Board's confidence in Pyramid's future prospects, as well as improve returns for Pyramid shareholders," said Martin Kelly, President and Chief Executive Officer. Reflecting growth in restaurant patronage and higher soda sales, Pyramid recently reported first quarter net sales increased 5% to $6.2 million -- the sixth consecutive quarter in which the company showed sales gains over the prior year. The company also reported an 85% increase in EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) for the quarter. "Operating efficiency is improving and our assets and investments are being used more productively," Kelly added. "We are confident Pyramid has the financial capacity to fund any opportunities that may fit our strategy of growing our beer and soda portfolio, as well as expanding our Alehouse Division. In addition, improving the company's cost structure remains one of our primary goals." Pyramid Breweries Inc. is a leading brewer of specialty, full-flavored beers and sodas. The company brews more than 20 styles of ales and lagers under its Pyramid Ales and Thomas Kemper Brewing Company brands as well as four styles of old-fashioned sodas under the Thomas Kemper Soda Company label. Pyramid operates two local breweries and two restaurants, the Pyramid Alehouse in Seattle, Washington and the Pyramid Alehouse in Berkeley, California. For more information, visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends