USA: Pyramid Breweries Inc. Declares $.04 per share Quarterly Cash Dividend
Pyramid Breweries Inc. (Nasdaq:PMID) today announced its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $.04 per common share, payable on October 13, 2000 to shareholders of record on September 29, 2000 "Pyramid's shareholders continue to benefit from our strong and improving operating performance. Substantially higher sales and new operating efficiencies are resulting in increased cash flow," said Martin Kelly, President and Chief Executive Officer. Pyramid recently reported second quarter net sales increased 9% to $7.9 million -- the seventh consecutive quarter in which the company showed sales gains over the prior year. Net income for the second quarter was $443,000, which was $354,000 higher than the second quarter of the prior year. The company also reported a 40% increase in EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) to $1.1 million for the quarter. The company initiated its dividend program in the fourth quarter of 1999. The company believes that a portion of the dividends paid in 2000 may be a return of capital for Federal income tax purposes. Pyramid Breweries Inc. is a leading brewer of specialty, full-flavored beers and sodas. The company brews more than 20 styles of ales and lagers under its Pyramid Ales and Thomas Kemper Brewing Company brands as well as four styles of old-fashioned sodas under the Thomas Kemper Soda Company label. Pyramid operates two local breweries and two restaurants, the Pyramid Alehouse in Seattle, Washington and the Pyramid Alehouse in Berkeley, California. For more information, visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research