US: Purple Beverage hires sports marketing pro
Purple Beverage Co. has hired a former major league soccer manager as vice president of marketing in the US.
The company said today (21 April) that Marc de Grandpre, who previously worked as managing director for the New York Red Bulls and directed East Coast marketing for Red Bull North America, will take on the role.
Purple Beverage founder and CEO Ted Farnsworth said: "We are thrilled that Marc has agreed to come over to the Purple Beverage team. With more than nine years at Red Bull, first as a director of marketing and then as managing director of the New York Red Bulls soccer team, he has the marketing and promotions experience to help make Purple a household name."
De Grandpre added: "I've been watching Purple aggressively take over market position since it launched late last year and look forward to joining an innovative beverage company, once again, with the goal of taking its brand to the next level."
De Grandpre's move to Purple Beverage comes on the heels of two other high-ranking Red Bull team members joining the company's sales and marketing team. Dan Morelli, former director of sales for Red Bull North America, recently signed on as vice president of east coast sales and distribution for Purple, and Keith Riley, former national director of on-trade for Red Bull North America joined the company to launch Purple's on-trade marketing campaign.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Research suggesting that caffeine-rich energy drinks could raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart damage has once again put the debate over the safety of these drinks in the spotlight. Me...
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
Colas may be the most popular type of soft drink in the world but they have historically been high in sugar, and are among the first products mentioned when rising obesity levels are being discussed. ...
Coca-Cola is it the biggest grocery brand by sales and brand value, according to a survey listing the top 100 brands in the UK....
Shares in Hansen Natural have leapt in price following reports that the beverage group is in talks with Coca-COla over a possible distribution agreement....
Consumer demand for natural products has sparked a new generation of energy drinks, according to new research....
Speculation is growing that Cadbury Schweppes intends to sell its Australian soft drinks arm, after it announced a review of the business this week....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research