SWEDEN/US: Purity Vodka targets US with Moët Hennessy poaching
Andy Glaser will head up the US unit of Purity Vodka from 1 June
Purity Vodka has expanded its operations in the US, recruiting a Moët Hennessy executive as the head of a unit in the country.
The Sweden-based company confirmed earlier this week that Andy Glaser will become CEO of its US operations on 1 June. Glaser joins the firm, which owns an ultra-premium vodka of the same name, from Moët Hennessy, where he is senior VP, overseeing US marketing and business for the Hennessy Cognac brand.
Glaser, who will be based in New York. will be responsible for developing the Purity brand and increasing its distribution, initially in the US. He will then take control of the brand's global operations within 12 months.
“This step will soon be followed by other US recruits necessary to turn Purity Vodka into one of the leading ultra premium vodkas in the US,” a spokesperson for Purity told just-drinks yesterday (27 April).
While available in around 20 markets, including China, France and the UK, Purity is targeting high-end on-premise venues in the US. The vodka is currently available in The Mandarin Oriental and The Four Seasons Restaurant in New York.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts