SWEDEN/US: Purity Vodka appoints another ex-Moët Hennessy VP to staff
Purity Vodka is expanding its US unit
Purity Vodka has poached its second Moët Hennessy USA executive in 18 months.
Brian Citron has been appointed VP of sales at Purity USA, the Swedish vodka maker announced today (28 September). He started in the newly-created role last week, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks.
Citron was previously VP of business for Moët Hennessy's Belvedere vodka brand across the US. In April last year, Purity appointed former Hennessy Cognac marketing VP Andy Glaser to CEO of its US unit.
“Purity has been steadily building momentum over the past 18 months, and we have expanded into several new markets during the past year,” Glaser said today. “Now, with the addition of Brian, we look forward to accelerating our growth and expansion in 2013 and beyond.”
In June, a study showed that the global consumption of imported spirits in 2011 rose by 4% year-on-year.
A new year, a new commentator. Taking the baton for white spirits, we welcome back just-drinks' former deputy editor, Chris Mercer, to cast his watchful eye over all things white. This month: Vodka....
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch