Product Launch - UK: Purity Soft Drinks' Juice Burst Skinny
Click through to view the new product
Purity Soft Drinks' Juice Burst Skinny
Category - Soft drinks, juice, low-calorie
Available - From next month
Location - UK, confirmed listings in WHSmith and Superdrug
Price - SRP of GBP1.29 (US$2.20) per 40cl bottle
Purity Soft Drinks has launched a lower-calorie extension to its Juice Burst brand.
Juice Burst Skinny contains 99 calories and is sweetened with stevia, Purity said today (28 April). Its three flavours are Peach & Passionfruit, Cherry & Apple and Mango & Lime.
The launch comes after Purity announced last month it had appointed former Mars marketing director David Bell as its new CEO in an effort to accelerate expansion of the Juice Burst brand.
For immediate release
INTRODUCING JUICEBURST SKINNY – THE ‘SKINNIER’ 99 CALORIE JUICE DRINK
May 2014 marks the launch of JuiceBurst Skinny, a brand new range of lower calorie Juice Drinks created by JuiceBurst.
With over a year in development, new JuiceBurst Skinny has been specifically formulated to ensure it delivers the same great JuiceBurst flavour, but with fewer calories. This makes JuiceBurst Skinny the ideal choice for anyone looking for a low calorie Juice Drink that doesn’t compromise on flavour.
The initial JuiceBurst Skinny range is made up of three innovative variants - Peach & Passionfruit, Cherry & Apple and Mango & Lime – all of which count as one of your five a day. These performed exceptionally well in blind taste tests beating benchmark competitors. As well as its lower calorie content, JuiceBurst Skinny also contains 86% less added sugar, using Stevia as a natural alternative.
To differentiate JuiceBurst Skinny from the core JuiceBurst range, a new, slimmer 400ml bottle has been designed, illustrating the fruits on a light silver label in contrast to the normal black labels. Each bottle also adopts the brand’s successful Blippable label to give consumers the chance to play games and win prizes. The JuiceBurst core range relaunched at the start of last year to become the world’s first digitally interactive soft drink. It went on to be named the second most Blipped brand in 2013 (Blippar figures, January 2014), beating all other FMCG brands.
Jon Evans, Marketing Director for JuiceBurst, comments: “Healthy eating is high on the agenda at the moment, particularly when it comes to lowering the sugar content of food & drink. In response to this, we saw a fantastic opportunity to create a reduced calorie range that – most importantly – doesn’t compromise on taste! JuiceBurst Skinny does all of this and more; presented in a sleek new bottle, we believe it will be the Juice Drink of choice for the calorie conscious consumer.”
Original source: Company Release
The Future of the UK Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017
The report provides in-depth quantitative data on retail alcoholic drinks packaging, covering key segmentations such as pack material and type, closure material and type, outer and multi-pack informat...read more
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report