UK: Purity Brewing Co signs up former MillerCoors quality head
A former MillerCoors quality controller has become head brewer of the UK's Purity Brewing Co as it prepares to expand production by 150%.
Aaron Taubman, 39, started in his new role last month, the Warwickshire-based brewer said today (5 August). He was head of brewing quality for MillerCoors in California for six years.
Purity will open a new brewhouse at a site near Alcester, Warwickshire, in late summer, increasing capacity by 140,000 pints a week, the company said.
Purity’s MD, Paul Halsey, said: “We are aiming to grow our off-trade and extend our reach to parts of the country in which we don’t currently have a presence, and increasing our number of stockists.”
Last month, a survey showed that total UK beer sales fell by nearly 5% in this year's second quarter.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer