UK: Purity Brewing Co signs up former MillerCoors quality head
A former MillerCoors quality controller has become head brewer of the UK's Purity Brewing Co as it prepares to expand production by 150%.
Aaron Taubman, 39, started in his new role last month, the Warwickshire-based brewer said today (5 August). He was head of brewing quality for MillerCoors in California for six years.
Purity will open a new brewhouse at a site near Alcester, Warwickshire, in late summer, increasing capacity by 140,000 pints a week, the company said.
Purity’s MD, Paul Halsey, said: “We are aiming to grow our off-trade and extend our reach to parts of the country in which we don’t currently have a presence, and increasing our number of stockists.”
Last month, a survey showed that total UK beer sales fell by nearly 5% in this year's second quarter.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets