MALAYSIA/GERMANY: PureCircle signs stevia JV with Dohler
Stevia supplier PureCircle has signed another venture to market sweeteners, this time with German food ingredients group Dohler.
The venture, announced yesterday (23 September), comes a day after Malaysia-based PureCircle announced it was teaming up with French sugar giant Tereos to sell low-calorie sweeteners in Europe and Brazil.
The Dohler venture will see PureCircle combine its stevia ingredients with the German group's "sweetening flavour and application know-how" to make "natural, low-cal food and beverage formulations", a joint statement said.
In a separate announcement, PureCircle announced its third venture in two days with a deal with German sugar group Nordzucker. The venture will market products in central, northern and Eastern Europe.
PureCircle, which is listed on the London stock exchange, is looking to drive volumes of stevia and develop it into a "mass-volume" commodity.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends