GLOBAL: PureCircle launches stevia campaign
The programme is built around the tagline ‘Stevia by PureCircle’
PureCircle is to roll out a global consumer marketing campaign for the promotion of stevia.
The programme, which has the tagline ‘Stevia by PureCircle’, will involve customer launches and marketing activity, the firm said today (3 August).
PureCircle’s campaign will begin in September through print, digital, television and social media channels, and include brands such as True Lemonade powdered beverages.
Stevia sweetener have burst onto the soft drinks scene in the last 18 months, following regulatory clearance of several ranges from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The product is natural, contains zero calories and is up to 300 times sweeter than sucrose.
Products with the message "Naturally sweetened with stevia by PureCircle" have already launched in the US and Latin America and plans are underway to expand into other global markets.
"We are committed to driving the healthy development of stevia as a global mainstream ingredient," said Jason Hecker, vice president of global marketing at PureCircle.
Last month the firm said it had sacrificed short-term profits in order to prepare for an expected boom in food and drink industry demand for sweeteners derived from the stevia plant.
Net profits for the fiscal year to the end of June will show a drop on the previous year, PureCircle said, reflecting the firm's "heavy investment" to meet anticipated demand.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends