UK: Punch sells pubs to GI Partners
Punch Taverns has agreed the sale of 290 managed pubs to Orchid Pubs, a company formed by US private equity firm GI Partners.
Punch confirmed today (8 June) that the sale forms part of the planned disposal of 380 pubs announced with the interim results last month. Net cash proceeds from the sale are expected to total around GBP571m.
"The transaction represents the first major disposal by Punch following the acquisition of Spirit in January 2006," said Giles Thorley, Punch's chief executive, "and is wholly in line with our strategy to streamline the managed house business whilst converting a further 740 pubs to our core leased estate."
Punch snapped up the Spirit pub group, which had an estate of 1,832 predominantly community pubs located across the UK, earlier this year for GBP2.68bn.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018