UK: Punch Retail reveals spirited new image
Punch Retail, the UK's leading managed pub company, today announced that it has changed its new name to the Spirit Group.
"The new name reflects Spirit Group's independence and gives the company an opportunity to develop a strong identity and brand," the company said in a statement.
Chief executive of Spirit Group, Karen Jones said: "Our new name, Spirit Group, is fresh and distinctive and sums up the enthusiastic and committed approach we take to running pubs. For our people it is a clear sign that Spirit Group is ready to go from strength to strength as a leading player in the UK managed pub market."
The statement continued: "The new identity also reflects the internal work that has already been undertaken to make Spirit Group a strong standalone unit within the parent company, Punch Group. Over the past year Karen Jones has assembled an industry leading board at Spirit Group to pursue the company's clear strategy of becoming number one in the managed pub sector in terms of value, service and quality."
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends