US: Proximo targets Lollapalooza with Dobel Tequila push
Proximo Spirits has lined up a marketing campaign this summer for its Dobel Tequila brand in the US.
The company, which handles the import, sales and marketing of Dobel in the US, said late last week that it has partnered with musician and Jane's Addiction founder member Perry Farrell to front a US$10m television, print and digital advertising push, centred on Farrel's Lollapalooza music festival. The spots, one of which appears below, feature the Jane’s Addiction song 'Underground' and will play across a range of national cable, lifestyle and luxury magazines as well as “trend-setting” websites.
The partnership with Farrell, who founded Lollapalooza in 1991, will see Dobel become the Official Tequila of Lollapalooza 2012 in Chicago. Consumers will also be invited to enter the Maestro Dobel Tequila / Lollapalooza Chicago promotion on Facebook.com/DobelTequila.
Privately-owned Proximo also handles 1800 Tequila, The Kraken Black Spiced Rum and Hangar One Vodka.
For details of this year's Lollapalooza, click here.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down