US: Proximo targets Lollapalooza with Dobel Tequila push
Proximo Spirits has lined up a marketing campaign this summer for its Dobel Tequila brand in the US.
The company, which handles the import, sales and marketing of Dobel in the US, said late last week that it has partnered with musician and Jane's Addiction founder member Perry Farrell to front a US$10m television, print and digital advertising push, centred on Farrel's Lollapalooza music festival. The spots, one of which appears below, feature the Jane’s Addiction song 'Underground' and will play across a range of national cable, lifestyle and luxury magazines as well as “trend-setting” websites.
The partnership with Farrell, who founded Lollapalooza in 1991, will see Dobel become the Official Tequila of Lollapalooza 2012 in Chicago. Consumers will also be invited to enter the Maestro Dobel Tequila / Lollapalooza Chicago promotion on Facebook.com/DobelTequila.
Privately-owned Proximo also handles 1800 Tequila, The Kraken Black Spiced Rum and Hangar One Vodka.
For details of this year's Lollapalooza, click here.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK