Product Launch – UK: Proximo Spirits' The Kraken Black Spiced Rum
Click through to see Proximo Spirits' The Kraken Black Spiced Rum
Proximo Spirits' The Kraken Black Spiced Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, flavoured, 40% abv
Available - From the end of May
Location - UK, both on- and off-trade. On-trade listings include: around 150 independent on-trade outlets as well as selected venues within Mitchells & Butler’s, including the Browns, O’Neills, Village Pub & Kitchen estates; 90 Castle pub sites, as well as the Orchid Pub Group; Fat Cat Group; and JD Wetherspoon. Hilton Hotels, The Blue Bar at the Berkeley. Off-trade listings include Majestic and Selfridge's Store.
Price - RRP of GBP22.99 (US$37.78) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Marblehead Brand Development
Following its launch in the US and Canada last year, Proximo Spirits is releasing The Kraken Black Spiced Rum in the UK this month.
The rum had been scheduled to arrive in the UK pre-Christmas, but the first stocks were destroyed after snow caused the collapse of the roof of a bonded warehouse.
The launch is being supported in the off-trade with point-of-sale materials. In the on-trade, Marblehead will run a bartender mentoring and incentive programme which will promote The Kraken signature serve of the ‘Perfect Storm’ – Kraken, Ginger Beer and Lime.
Castle Brands has said that a combination of higher net sales on key brands and job cuts are moving the company towards the black, after it trimmed losses in the first half of its fiscal year....
Majestic Wine has praised the strong performance of still wines priced above GBP20 (US$31.80) per bottle for helping drive its sales and profits in the first six months of its current fiscal year....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- just the Answer: Funkin's CEO, Andrew King
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head