CANADA/US: Proximo Spirits set to handle Jose Cuervo in North America
Both Jose Cuervo and Proximo Spirits are owned by the Beckmann family
Proximo Spirits will take over from Diageo as the US and Canadian distributor of the Jose Cuervo Tequila range.
The company, which is owned by the same family as Jose Cuervo, confirmed today (1 March) that it will assume the sales, marketing and distribution mantle from 1 July. Diageo is set to relinquish its hold on the range after talks with the Beckmann family collapsed late last year.
The family will look to find alternative distributors in its other markets: Diageo handled the Tequila globally, with the exxception of Mexico.
“We plan to make considerable investments in brand building and innovation for the Jose Cuervo portfolio to accelerate its growth,” said Proximo's CEO & president, Mark Teasdale. “We are looking forward to returning Jose Cuervo to its position as the most exciting Tequila brand in the category."
The US is by far the largest market for Jose Cuervo outside of Mexico.
The full portfolio comprises Especial Gold, Tradicional, Platino, Reserva de la Familia, Golden Margarita, Authentic Jose Cuervo Margaritas and Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix.
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research