CHINA: ProWine China organisers hail event, plan 2014 repeat
ProWine China will be happening again in 2014, organisers say
Organisers of ProWine China say they are already planning to host the event again next year after attracting 7,650 visitors to the inaugural event in Shanghai last week.
The three-day show, run by Messe Düsseldorf and Allworld Exhibitions, saw 6,727 trade visitors come from mainland China, and around a further 900 from overseas, organisers said. A total of 570 companies exhibited at the show, with 30 countries represented.
Michael Degen, executive director at Messe Düsseldorf, which also operates the annual wine trade show ProWein in Germany, said: “We are proud and happy to have succeeded in bringing the prosperous concept of ProWein, which is based on variety, internationality and a pure business focus, to the Chinese market."
He added: “ProWine China made a very good start this year and on this basis we will continue the work for the next edition in 2014."
Last month, rival wine show organisers Vinexpo said it was cancelling a planned show in Beijing next year after failing to secure a licence from the Chinese Government.
Jackson Family Wines' president Rick Tigner sprung to prominence in the US through appearing on reality TV show 'Undercover Boss'. But, away from the bright lights of TV-world, the 52 year-old remains...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during January 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the latest ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research