ProWein 2013 ended on Monday

ProWein 2013 ended on Monday

International visitor numbers to ProWein 2013 rose to account for two-fifths of total attendees, the wine and spirits fair has revealed.

Some 44,000 visitors attended the Dusseldorf show, which ended yesterday (26 March), the event's organisers said. About 40% of attendees were international guests, an increase of 6% on non-German visitor numbers last year, they said.

While German visitor numbers remained stable, organisers said they recorded “strong increases” in visitors from the UK, Scandinavia and Benelux nations.

The show also attracted 4,783 exhibitors from 48 countries.

Next year's event will take place from 23 to 25 March, organisers said.

A ProWein-commissioned study in December concluded that China will remain Asia's most appealing wine market for international brands over the next five years.