FRANCE: Provence Wines appoints marketing director
Generic wine trade body Provence Wines (CIVP) has confirmed the appointment of a new marketing director.
The organisation said today (29 January) that Géry Viziale will assume the position, after having spent the last ten years working for Orangina/Orangina-Schweppes. Viziale replaces Nathalie Chassard, who has left the CIVP to pursue other projects, a spokesperson told just-drinks.
"It is a positive time for Provence rosé in spite of the current economic climate," said François Millo, managing director of the CIVP. "We believe Géry's experience to date will be instrumental in driving the initiatives we have already commenced in the UK and our other key markets."
The CIVP represents 580 producers and 66 négociants in the Provence AOC region. Formed in 2004, the organisation came about when the three appellations of Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence and Coteaux Varois en Provence joined forces.
Boisset Family Estates, the Burgundy-based wine and spirits maker, has begun distributing its Californian Fog Mountain Merlot wine in a one-litre PET bottle in the US....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK