FRANCE: Provence wine body bullish on vintage
Provence wines trade body, the CIVP, has said favourable climatic conditions were likely to yield a "very good quality" vintage with the chance that volumes could be up on 2005.
As grape-picking got underway in Provence, the region's vineyards have produced healthy, thickly-bunched grapes which have thrived in dry, windy and beneficially warm weather, the CIVP said.
The CIVP represents growers producing 95% of the region's AOC wines - Côtes de Provence, Coteaux d'Aix-en-Provence and Coteaux Varois de Provence. In turn, this represents 6% of France's total AOC wines.
Average annual production of Provence AOC wines is close to 160m bottles with rosés accounting for 75% of the volume.
The news that Yves Bénard is the front-runner for the top job at the INAO is good news for reformers in the French wine industry....
Reports from wine industry associations in the Rhône, Provence and Languedoc suggest that 2006 has produced a high-quality vintage across all three regions. Stuart Todd continues just-drinks' 2006 har...
Inter Rhône has appointed an export manager for the UK....
The general director of the wine and Champagne division of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton looks to be the front runner to take charge of the Institut National de l'Origine et de la qualité....
Four wine co-ops in France's Midi-Pyrénées region have teamed up to form Vinovalie - some 600 growers cultivating 4,500 hectares of vineyards and producing 350,000 hectolitres of AOC and Vins de Pays ...
Bordeaux winemakers have unanimously rejected French government proposals to split the existing AOC category in two....
A Côtes du Rhône wine co-operative has been slapped with a fine for fraud....
Proposed government changes to France's wine classification system have met stiff opposition from Bordeaux producers....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future