FRANCE: Provence rosé wines in export drive
The Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Provence (CIVP) has increased funding to promote rosé wines abroad in 2009.
The CIVP told just-drinks late last week that it will spend EUR810,000 (US$1m) on promotion this year, up from EUR621,000 in 2008. Together with a EUR500,000 EU grant, the trade body will have a marketing budget of EUR1.3m.
Around 86% of exported wines covered by CIVP are rosé.
Well over half of the funding will target the US, Canada and the UK, which account for 26% of Provence rosé exports. Funding will also target emerging markets such as Japan, China, Brazil and Russia.
Over 1m hectolitres of Provence rosé is produced annually, with 11-15% of volumes exported. Exports of Provence AOC wine fell to 42,500hl in 2008, from 53,657hl in 2007.
Inter-Rhône has lined up a consumer advertising campaign for the region's wine in the US....
France is expecting a wine grape harvest of around 48m hectolitres in 2009, up from 2008 in a tough period for French wine sales at home and abroad....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Suntory, Asahi settle court fight - report
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends