CANADA: Profit up 32% at Cott in second quarter
Turnover was up by 8% to a record $329.5m. The company reaffirmed its sales growth target for the whole 2002 fiscal year of between 8% and 10%. It also increased its earnings per share guidance for the full year to between 76 cents and 78 cents
"Our performance is at a record pace for the year," said Cott's chairman, president and CEO, Frank E. Weise. "We anticipate strong growth for the balance of the year both in our ongoing businesses and in such acquisitions as our new venture in Mexico."
Weise was referring to Cott's recently unveiled Mexican joint venture with the Mexican soft drinks group, Embotelladora de Puebla SA de CV. It has been a busy period for Cott on the acquisition front with the group also announcing the acquisition of the US bottler, Premium Beverage Packers last month.
Sales in the US rose by 9% in the first quarter, while Canadian sales were up by 7%. The company reported that sales to the UK and other international markets were 2% higher. In addition to adding new major clients in the US, Cott said it expected its Canadian business to regain momentum and for its business in the UK and other international markets to move from loss into profit. Weise said these projections were "signs that point to successfully reaching our targets for 2002."
Cott Corporation has acquired the UK's Macaw Soft Drinks, in a deal worth close to US$135m....
Cott Beverages is to produce a range of Simpsons juice drinks for the UK market....
Cott Corp. has appointed a new CFO....
Cott Corporation has posted its results for the second quarter to 2 July....
Congratulations to the five lucky winners of our competition, in association with Wolf Blass, for tickets to today's cricket match between England and Bangladesh....
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
Cott Corporation said yesterday that its executive vice president and chief financial officer, Raymond P. Silcock, was to resign from the company after nearly seven years in this role, effective April...
Analysts lowered their earnings estimates for the soft drink producer Cott Corporation after it announced disappointing first quarter results last week....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research