Product Launch - William Grant & Sons' Kininvie 23-year-old Batch #3
William Grant is launching two new expressions next month
William Grant & Sons' Kininvie 23-year-old Batch #3
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, Speyside, 42.6% abv
Available - From next month
Location - Europe, Taiwan and China
Price - GBP75 (US$115) per 35cl bottle
William Grant & Sons is to launch a new Kininvie expression, a 23-year-old.
It will roll out to Europe, Taiwan and China in 35cl bottles, which William Grant said appeals to Taiwanese consumers who like to buy two bottles - one to drink and one to keep as an investment. Previous releases from the Kininvie distillery, which was opened in 1990, sold out their allocations at launch.
The new expression comes as the distillery prepares to launch Special Release #1 The First Drops, a 25-year-old that is made from some of the distillery's first raw spirit. Available next month for GBP400 per 50cl bottle, only 1,600 bottles will be released, with 550 going to the UK. Each of the three casks allocated will go to a separate market - mainland Europe, the UK and Taiwan.
News of the release was first unveiled in July.
Plimsoll Publishing’s Distilleries (UK) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Distilleries (UK) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 90 companies, including WIL...
Plimsoll Publishing’s Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Wineries & Distillers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top 1...
The global alcoholic drinks market will have a moderate growth rate during the forecast period....
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a new Drambuie bottle as the whisky liqueur looks to its past for inspiration....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends