Product Launch - Stowells Light from Accolade Wines
Stowells Light from Accolade Wines
Accolade Wines has launched a Stowells Light wine range
Category - Wine, low alcohol (5.5%abv), red, white and rose
Available - Now
Location - On-trade and, so far, Asda Wal-Mart in off-trade
Price - Recommended retail price of GBP5.49 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Accolade/Matthew Clark
A 125ml glass contains one unit of alcohol and 56 calories, 30% less calories than a standard glass of wine. "Our research has shown there is significant demand from consumers for low alcohol and low calorie offerings from brands they know and trust," said Accolade's director of Innovation, Stephen Loftus.
"We believe that we have found a winning solution in Stowells Light and that it has the potential to help grow the low alcohol wine category from 1% of total UK wine sales to 10% within five years.”
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets