Product Launch - Stowells Light from Accolade Wines
Stowells Light from Accolade Wines
Accolade Wines has launched a Stowells Light wine range
Category - Wine, low alcohol (5.5%abv), red, white and rose
Available - Now
Location - On-trade and, so far, Asda Wal-Mart in off-trade
Price - Recommended retail price of GBP5.49 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Accolade/Matthew Clark
A 125ml glass contains one unit of alcohol and 56 calories, 30% less calories than a standard glass of wine. "Our research has shown there is significant demand from consumers for low alcohol and low calorie offerings from brands they know and trust," said Accolade's director of Innovation, Stephen Loftus.
"We believe that we have found a winning solution in Stowells Light and that it has the potential to help grow the low alcohol wine category from 1% of total UK wine sales to 10% within five years.”
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India