Product Launch - Smoke Ventures' Smoke Liqueur
Click through to view Smoke Liqueur
Smoke Ventures' Smoke Liqueur
Category - RTD cocktail, vodka, Moscato, 26% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, New York metropolitan area
Price - SRP of US$29.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Southern Wine & Spirits
Smoke Ventures has launched a vodka-based liqueur in the US that is infused with Moscato and aims to tap into increasing demand for the wine variant in the country.
Smoke Liqueur also contains pineapple and coconut flavours and will initially go on sale in New York's tri-state area, Smoke said today (18 June). Distributors Southern Wine & Spirits will expand the launch in the autumn, the company said.
In May, a Mintel drinks analyst highlighted the trend towards sweet wines in the US, pointing to a 33% rise in volumes for Moscato in the US that has helped coin the phrase "Moscato madness".
An innovative spirit, made with a unique blend of top-shelf vodka, pineapple, coconut and Moscato, SMOKE® Liqueur blends two of the most popular trends in the spirits industry today - Ready-To-Drink cocktails and Moscato, the fastest growing wine category in the United States. Combining the finest ingredients, this extraordinary liqueur has a rich heritage fusing influences from around the world.
Packaged in a striking white, frosted champagne bottle, SMOKE is the hottest new product to hit the market, already becoming the life of the party at high-profile events around New York City. Whether mixed into a delicious cocktail or served over ice, this spirit is rich and smooth with an attractive, vibrant and flavorful profile.
SMOKE brand spokesperson, Zev Norotsky, remarked, "SMOKE is poised to quickly become a spirits leader because of its taste, packaging and innovation. It will thrive from its premium positioning as a lifestyle brand and as a product that celebrates luxury and status. SMOKE was born from a deep understanding of the rich cultural narratives that influence our lives from the streets to the suites and beyond, which is evident in our ability to combine two popular consumer favorites into one sophisticated ready-to-drink cocktail."
The trend of ready-to-drink (RTD) cocktails is showing no signs of slowing down. Pre-mixed bottled cocktails represent about 55% of the overall ready-to-serve category, making up approximately $1.2 billion of the total market share. US Sales of Moscato jumped a whopping 70 percent between 2011 and 2012 and millenials make up 46% of Moscato drinkers. Perfectly aligning the two most popular categories in spirits, SMOKE is a sexy blend of premium ingredients, perfect for day and nighttime drinking occasions.
Distributed by Southern Wine & Spirits, SMOKE is 26% alcohol by volume (60 proof) and is available in 750 ml ($29.99 SRP) and 50ml sizes. Hitting high-profile bars/restaurants and retail stores in the tri-state area this month, the launch will include a national multi-media campaign spearheaded by celebrity affiliations and product seeding, as well as social media, brand collaborations, and on/off-premise activations and events.
Original source: Company Release
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research