Product Launch - Smoegen Whisky's Strane London Dry Gin Uncut Strength
Smoegen Whisky's Strane London Dry Gin Uncut Strength
Smögen Whisky's Strane London Dry Gin Uncut Strength
Category - Spirits, gin, 75.3% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, selected on- and off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP65 (US$) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - Highfern Ltd
The expression was released in Smögen's domestic market last month.
Smögen Whisky has released its 75.3% abv London dry gin in the UK. The Swedish company, which started distilling in 2010, produces three gin expressions.
The exceptionally strong Strane “Uncut” London Dry Gin, from Swedish distiller Smögen Whisky AB, has been launched, and at 75.3% vol., is possibly the strongest gin available in the UK.
Strane is a handcrafted small batch gin created in a 100 litre pot still with worm tub condensers, at the Smögen Distillery, one of the first distilleries in Sweden to produce Single Malt Whisky. Unusually Strane is created by distilling three differently balanced base gins; junipery, citrusy and herbal, and then blended to create different expressions in bottle; Merchant Strength 47.4% vol., Navy Strength 57.1% vol. and “Uncut”. With the blending taking place before the addition of water, the distiller Pär Caldenby, knows how good ‘uncut’ gin tastes and noses. In his words ‘it is too good to hold back’, which inspired the release of Strane “Uncut”, the true Odin of gins and bottled in limited quantities at a mighty 75.3% vol.. We are not aware of a stronger gin available in the UK.
Whilst exceptionally strong, Pär Caldenby suggests savouring Strane “Uncut” neat, ice cold, in very small sips, with a glass of water on the side. At first it will be (relatively) discreet due to the ice, then progressively increase in strength of character and power, until it simply goes into gin overdrive. With “Uncut” there is simply a mighty surge of power and strength of character, it is rich in juniper, lemon peel, sage and mint. As Robert Ransom, the UK importer explained, ‘Strane “Uncut” is not an everyday gin, but a remarkable experience for serious gin lovers, and a marvellous addition to the Strane London Dry Gin family’.
Strane “Uncut” is now available to try at The Feathers Hotel in Oxford, the first bar outside Sweden to offer this extraordinary gin. A limited number of bottles are also available to purchase from Drinkfinder (Constantine Stores), Gauntleys of Nottingham and Master of Malt.
Original source: Company Release
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends