Product launch - Pernod Ricard's Oak by Absolut
Category - Spirits, vodka, 40% abv
Available - From now
Markets - US, initially in San Diego, Minneapolis, Denver
Price - 37.5cl, 75cl, one-litre, price TBC
Distribution - Pernod Ricard USA and Southern Wine & Spirits
Inspired by bartenders who were ageing their own cocktails, Oak by Absolut is Absolut vodka rested in oak to produce a "smooth and subtlety smoky flavour, with notes of vanilla and caramel".
In 2013, the company launched Absolut Amber in Travel Retail and it is unclear if both products will remain on the market or if Oak by Absolut will take over from Amber.
just-drinks, in association with The IWSR, presents this seven-part review of the Scotch whisky category. In part four, we turn our attention to the major Scotch brands....
just-drinks, in association with The IWSR, presents this seven-part review of the Scotch whisky category. The final part considers the role that innovation could play for Scotch in the future....
Pernod Ricard has released a limited edition iteration of its The Glenlivet single malt brand that offers consumers the opportunity to guess its age and flavour profile....
Bacardi is looking to bolster the presence of its version of Havana Club in the US, through a broader roll-out programme and a brand extension....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts