Product Launch - Dude's Brews' Canna-Beer Series
The beers contain CBD
Dude's Brews' Canna-Beer Series
Category - Beer, cannabis-infused, 5% and 10% abv
Available - From this Autumn
Location - US, Colorado
Price - TBC
Colorado brewery Dude's Brews is to release what it claims are the first craft beers to contain high levels of cannabis extract cannabidiol (CBD).
The Canna-Beer Series initially consists of two beers - Sativa IPA (5% abv) and Indica Double IPA (10% abv). The beers contain no THC, the chemical responsible for most of marijuana's psychological effects, but instead are “heavily dosed” with CBD. Dude's Brews said CBD is known for its non-psychoactive health benefits, including stress relief.
"It's the final word in Colorado-style session IPAs," said Dude's Brews head brewer Brian Connery of the new range. "It not only smells like the good stuff, but it has it in there, too.”
A number of US states including Colorado have legalised cannabis but US federal law still prohibits THC from being in beer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Irish whisky exports forecast to double by 2020
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits