Product Launch - Dude's Brews' Canna-Beer Series
The beers contain CBD
Dude's Brews' Canna-Beer Series
Category - Beer, cannabis-infused, 5% and 10% abv
Available - From this Autumn
Location - US, Colorado
Price - TBC
Colorado brewery Dude's Brews is to release what it claims are the first craft beers to contain high levels of cannabis extract cannabidiol (CBD).
The Canna-Beer Series initially consists of two beers - Sativa IPA (5% abv) and Indica Double IPA (10% abv). The beers contain no THC, the chemical responsible for most of marijuana's psychological effects, but instead are “heavily dosed” with CBD. Dude's Brews said CBD is known for its non-psychoactive health benefits, including stress relief.
"It's the final word in Colorado-style session IPAs," said Dude's Brews head brewer Brian Connery of the new range. "It not only smells like the good stuff, but it has it in there, too.”
A number of US states including Colorado have legalised cannabis but US federal law still prohibits THC from being in beer.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017