Product Launch - Cooley Distillery's Kilbeggan Distillery Reserve Malt Whiskey
Kilbeggan Distillery Reserve Malt Whiskey
Cooley Distillery's Kilbeggan Distillery Reserve Malt Whiskey
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, 40% abv
Available - From late last week
Location - First batch of nine quarter casks – 1,600 bottles – will be available from the Kilbeggan Distillery
Price - RRP EUR50 (US$62) for 70cl bottle
Production at the Kilbeggan Distillery in Ireland ceased in 1957, but the first new whiskey to be distilled since then was unveiled late last week.
The Kilbeggan Distillery Reserve Malt is produced from the oldest pot still in the world which dates back to 1830, while the distillery itself was established in 1757 and is the oldest distillery in the world.
The launch also marked the unveiling of the recently-rebranded Kilbeggan Irish Whiskey. Currently sold in 35 international markets, the Kilbeggan brand is Cooley’s flagship blended whiskey. The rebranded Kilbeggan is being rolled out in Germany and the US with other markets following suit over the coming months.
This will be followed by the release of a range of brand extensions including Kilbeggan 18 Year Old.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research