Product Launch - Cognac Frapin's Multimillesime No 6
Cognac Frapin's Multimillesime No 6
Cognac Frapin's Multimillésime No 6
Category - Spirits, Cognac, 40.7% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Globally
Price - In UK, SRP of GBP210 (US$320) per 70cl bottle, limited to 1,270 bottles
Distribution – In UK, Louis Latour Agencies
Frapin has followed 2012's fifth expression of its Multimillésime series with the latest expression in the collection. The sixth iteration is a blend of the 1986, 1988 and 1991 vintages of Grande Champagne premier crus.
Like the previous version, a total of 1,270 units will be available.
Cognac Frapin has released the latest in its award-winning ‘Multimillésime' series; the sixth of the ‘Treasures of Chateau Fontpinot' limited edition blends. Patrice Piveteau, Frapin's cellar master, has skilfully combined the characters of the exceptional 1986, 1988 and 1991 vintages of these Grande Champagne premier crus to produce Multimillésime No. 6. The collection began in 2008 and has been lauded by connoisseurs and specialists throughout the world. As before, just 1,270 bottles have been produced, a tribute to the ancient lineage of this Grande Champagne Cognac estate, which has been tended by the same family since that year in the 13th century.
The Cognac Frapin Multimillésime No. 6 opens with finesse and subtlety to reveal remarkable strength and a lingering finish. The 1986 vintage has fruity notes (grapefruit and fig) as well as floral notes that give long-lasting aromas. The woody rancio notes of the 1988 vintage give it structure, while the 1991 vintage has provided the finesse and delicacy, with its aromatic accents of candied fruit, orange, apricot, honey and spices.
In the glass, it displays a rather bright colour with yellow-orange glints. On the nose, the finesse and liveliness of the Multimillésime No. 6 are expressed through exotic fruit flavours, such as apricot and fig, which are then revealed. In the mouth, these aromas are combined with notes of vanilla and liquorice as well as rancio Charentais.
Today, Cognac Frapin has 240 hectares of vines and is one of the most beautiful estates in Grande Champagne Cognac. The estate provides access to a product of infinite richness, skilfully blended according to the traditional cultivation techniques and savoir-faire of Cognac Frapin, in particular double distillation on lees. The eau-de-vie is matured slowly and carefully in oak barrels to allow it to express its full personality.
Production is strictly limited, with just 1,270 individually numbered 70cl bottles (40.7 % volume) being produced (the UK receiving a small allocation). Packed in the distinctive, classic bottle - based on an ancient cognac flagon - with a neck hemmed with cord and presented in a wooden gift box, it is expected to retail for around £210. It is being distributed in the UK exclusively by Louis Latour Agencies.
Original source: Company Release
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research