Product Launch - C&C Group's Magners with Irish Whiskey
C&C will launch the drink next month
C&C Group's Magners with Irish Whiskey
Category - Cider, spirits, 5.5% abv
Available - From 5 February
Location - UK, nation-wide, from Asda supermarkets
Price - TBC
C&C Group has launched a new “spider” (spirits and cider drink) that combines Magners cider with Irish whiskey.
The new 50cl bottled beverage contains 2.5cl Irish whiskey and is designed to meet demand for innovation in the cider category, C&C Group said today. Ed Shoebridge, head of customer marketing at C&C Group, said Magners with Irish Whiskey, with a 5.5% abv, will “offer a unique flavour both for whiskey lovers and cider lovers looking for something new”.
Today, Westons launched its own cider innovation, a craft cider in a can called Capel Rd.
Magners introduces its latest cider innovation - Magners with Irish Whiskey
Today Magners, the iconic Irish cider, announced the launch of Magners with Irish Whiskey (ABV 5.5%), the innovative new spirit cider, or ‘spider’, that combines premium apple cider with a hint of smooth Irish whiskey.
Containing 25ml of real Irish whiskey in each 500ml bottle, Magners with Irish Whiskey is available in ASDA across the country from the 5th February and is set to challenge the current offerings in the UK spider category.
Consumer demand for innovation in the cider category is high, with the proposition of combining spirits and cider becoming increasingly popular since the introduction of ‘spiders’ a number of years ago.
Ed Shoebridge, Head of Customer Marketing at C&C Group, said: “Magners has been at the forefront of cider innovations since it revolutionised the cider category in the nineties with its over-ice serve, and today we are introducing another game changer, Magners with Irish Whiskey
“Consumers’ appetite for new flavours in cider keeps growing and we believe our new Magners with Irish Whiskey will offer a unique flavour both for Whiskey lovers and cider lovers looking for something new.”
For further product details and stockist information, please call 0845 601 5959.
Original source: Company Release
The seasonal festivities tend to give way to a period of ideas, hopes and plans. In Europe, the soft drinks industry is looking to formulate its strategies for the coming year. Before that, Richard Co...
In a trading update today, Remy Cointreau posted an 8% lift in reported sales for the nine months to the end of December. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by br...
California-based Jackson Family Wines has purchased a facility in Oregon, with plans to create a wine production unit. ...
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits