Product Launch - Beam Suntory's Booker’s Bourbon Batch 2015-1
Beam Suntory's Booker’s Bourbon Batch 2015-1
Booker’s Bourbon Batch 2015-1
Category - Spirits, Bourbon, 64% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide, in limited – albeit unspecified - quantities
Price - Not specified, available in 75cl bottles
Beam Suntory has released the latest edition of its Booker's Bourbon iteration in the US. Batch 2015-1, nicknamed “Big Man, Small Batch”, is a small batch Bourbon that has been aged for seven years and two-and-a-half months
The liquid has been pulled together from “seven different rack houses”, the company said.
Last year's Booker's Bourbon, 2014-1, marked the 25th anniversary of the expression.
Booker’s Bourbon is proud to unveil the inaugural batch of its limited-edition collection celebrating founding distiller Booker Noe’s legacy as the father of small batch bourbon. One of the few bourbons available today bottled straight from the barrel, Booker’s Bourbon will now feature limited-edition labels inspired by Booker Noe’s love of bourbon, family and the spirit of experimentation. These commemorative releases will be available in limited quantities throughout the year.
Booker’s Bourbon Batch 2015-1, named “Big Man, Small Batch,” features a custom label inspired by the iconic visual of Booker sipping bourbon in his rocking chair with his dog Dot by his side. The batch’s name honors Booker’s role in the creation of small batch bourbons and the larger-than-life personality for which he was known.
“Booker’s was founded on my dad’s dedication to making the very best bourbon there is, and I’m proud to honor him with this limited-edition collection,” said Fred Noe, Beam’s 7th Generation Master Distiller and 2013 Bourbon Hall of Fame Inductee. “‘Big Man, Small Batch’ is the first batch to feature these new labels, giving our fans a little more insight into who my dad was and his love for creating great bourbon!”
Uncut like all Booker’s Bourbon batches before it, “Big Man, Small Batch” is now available in limited quantities. Bottled at 128.7 proof, “Big Man, Small Batch” was selected with the following characteristics:
- Proof: 128.7
- Age: 7 years, 2 months and 16 days
- Batch Notes: Culled from seven different rack houses, Batch 2015-1 blends the flavor tendencies of several small groups of barrels to create a complex bourbon with a vanilla nose.
Each batch of Booker’s Bourbon is hand-selected by Fred Noe to ensure every bottle contains a robust, full-bodied whiskey that matches Booker’s whiskey preference. Noe also calls on the expertise of “Booker’s Bourbon Roundtable”, an exclusive panelist group consisting of top whiskey experts, enthusiasts and writers, to help select batches throughout the year - a tradition that will continue for the limited-edition collection.
About Booker’s Bourbon
Booker’s Bourbon was inspired by a 200-year-old family tradition and came to life when Booker Noe selected the first bottles of Booker’s as holiday gifts for his friends and family. With its instant popularity within Noe’s close circle, Booker’s Bourbon was soon after bottled and made available on shelves for everyone to enjoy. Booker’s Bourbon is one of the only bourbons bottled straight-from-the-barrel at its natural proof, which varies from batch to batch. Crafted in small batches and aged for six to eight years in charred oak barrels, which are stored in the center of the rack house, Booker’s Bourbon is hand-selected barrel-by-barrel by Fred Noe to ensure every bottle contains a robust, full-bodied whiskey that has a taste, aroma and proof that matches Booker’s whiskey preference.
Original source: Company Release
There is an air of uncertainty ahead of the release of Diageo's half-year results, due on Thursday....
Beam Suntory has lined up the first of six 2016 releases for its limited run of Booker's Bourbon in the US. ...
Beam Suntory and brand partner 50 Cent have released a limited edition Effen Vodka bottle, which features a textured American football sleeve, 50 Cent's golden stamp of approval, his signature and log...
The former CEO of Morrison Bowmore Distillers has joined The Last Drop Distillers as board director. ...
Pernod Ricard has released a limited edition bottle for its Martell VS Cognac in the UK off-trade....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017