Product Launch - Aspall Imperial Cyder
Aspall launches Imperial Cyder
Aspall has launched Aspall Imperial Cyder.
Category - premium cider, vintage cider, 8.2% abv
Available - Now
Location - Sainsbury's grocery stores, UK-wide. Further off-trade and on-trade launches expected by end of summer. "It would be available abroad if there was interest, although the current focus is on the UK," a company spokesperson told just-drinks.
Price - RRP of GBP2.29 per 50cl bottle in Sainsbury's
Distribution - Aspall
Imperial, which is based on a recipe dating back to 1921, is Aspall's first product launch in four years, according to the UK-based company. "The 90-year old recipe uses an exclusive blend of the highest quality bittersweet apples from the 2010 harvest with added muscovado sugar," it said.
Aspall's joint-MD, Geoff Bradman, said that Imperial has been in development for almost a year. "Trade feedback was so positive that we accelerated the launch date by four months," he said today (28 July).
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends