SOUTH AFRICA: Producers told to show "united front" to succeed in UK
South African producers are being urged to produce a coherent industry led strategy to attack the UK market. Speaking at a marketing seminar for South Africa's wines yesterday Mike Paul, MD of Western Wines, owner of Kumala, South Africa's largest export brand and the sixth biggest retailed in the UK, said: "The UK trade is highly receptive to new wines and actively seeks points of difference to generate ongoing interest among consumers in this fiercely competitive market. Whereas California is more focused on its domestic markets than it is on the UK, and Chile and Argentina do not enjoy close historic and cultural links with Britain, South Africa is in an ideal position to maximise its advantages."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020