SPAIN: Producers aim to woo younger wine drinkers
Spanish wine makers have teamed up to launch a campaign to lure younger Spaniards to drink more wine.
The wineries have tapped local marketing shop Vinomio to handle the effort, which envisages the roll out of numerous promotional events targeting 35,000 younger drinkers nationally.
Starting on 28 September, the €450,000 'Vinos, Tapas y Risas' campaign will run until late October. It will seek to demystify young people's vision that wine drinking is only for the old guard.
The backers include wineries Agustí Torelló Mata, Alvear, Faustino, Gutiérrez de la Vega, Hidalgo-La Gitana, Martín Códax, Martínez Bujanda, Bodegas Riojanas, Bodegas Valcarlos e Ylera, which wines will be served in the events.
According to Vinomio, Spaniards each consumed an average of 28.2 litres of wine in 2003, most aged over 40.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends