FRANCE: ProCork trial begins in France
The first premium wine trial of a natural cork closure in Europe has begun.
The trial of ProCork, a closure which claims to prevent cork taint in wine, started yesterday (26 March) in Bordeaux at Chateau La Dauphine.
The chateau has agreed to bottle 150 bottles each of its two wines under ProCork and store it for the next ten years.
"We will come back once a year to taste it," said Gregor Christie, inventor and CEO of ProCork.
Christie says his cork, which uses a system of fine layered membranes on each end of the cork, lets in the right amount of oxygen, but blocks the TCA molecule, the cause of cork taint.
ProCork was founded in Australia in 2002 and now sells 100m corks annually.
Synthetic corks and screw-caps may have once been frowned upon by wine cognoscenti, but no longer, and the growing popularity of alternative closures has put the natural cork industry under pressure. ...
An aluminium bottle for wine has been launched as a major innovation in Australia's competitive wine sector by JMB Beverages Pty Ltd....
Oeneo Closures USA has appointed a managing director....
The synthetic wine closure market is set for significant growth over the next three years, according to a report by Skalli & Rein released this week....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report